Godly Play at The Priory
In our latest SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) inspection in 2011, it was stated:
"The Priory is an outstanding school with a strong sense of community whose Christian ethos pervades all areas of its life and work. The staff and governors are wholeheartedly committed to its Christian foundation. Day by day they live out the Christian Gospel by ensuring that every member of the school community is made to feel special, and valued. A real sense of spirituality pervades the school."
The aims of our RE in our school are:
- to introduce children to an understanding of the nature of Christian beliefs and practises and to provide a foundation for Christian learning
- to familiarize children with the Bible and its teachings
- to encourage children to explore the spiritual dimensions of life
- to provide a positive learning environment where children are able to talk about their own religious beliefs and practices , particularly during major religious festivals
- to provide opportunities for children to hear about significant people and their influences on the major faiths
- to develop the skills of empathy, self-awareness and respect, and the rights of others to hold different beliefs
- to develop in children a sense of their own worth and their ability to reflect upon their thoughts and actions.